Sunday, July 13, 2008

June Cleaver.....

The kids and I were running around the other day when EJ noticed a Caterpillar (as in construction equipment, Pop taught her the proper name for it). EJ said "Hey, Mom see that Caterpillar?" I said "Yes" She then asked when a man was going to drive it. I saw this as an opportunity to insert a little gender equality and said "Maybe a women is going to drive it, women operate machinery also." To which EJ replied "Nope, women don't work they stay home with the kids." I then tried to convince her that women do work, "What about NeNa, she works." EJ had an answer for that "Not when she is taking care of me." Later that night I was telling Erica the story and said that I was raising June Cleaver, EJ picked up on it right away and said "I am June Cleaver!" I have worked really hard trying to convince her that some mom's do work. She always gets upsets and says "No Daddy works and Mommy stays home with me and Guy-boo!" From time to time she still declares herself to be June Cleaver.

0 comments: