Tuesday, July 24, 2007

38 Weeks 5Days!

Things are going well. I am officially uncomfortable, but with all things considered I am doing great! I am trying my hardest to be patient, this is next to impossible. It is hard because I know if I were seeing an physician I could/would be induced at this point. As much as I want a drug free birth/delivery induction is very tempting, not that it is an option. At this point I hate being in public, the unsolicited comments are on my nerves. If I have heard it once I have heard it a thousand times, are you having twins? At this point I just say no and keep walking. Earlier in the pregnancy I would stop and explain that one I carry straight out and two I have large babies. I no longer take the time to say anything other than a less than polite no. I am sick of being treated like a circus freak, maybe I should set up a side show act and charge admission.
Anyway, I don't know when Guice will decide to make his grand entrance, I just hope and pray it is sooner than later! I am running out of things to do. I have picked out his birth announcements, they are super cute! Very unique and a little vintage. I can't wait to mail them out! His diaper bag is packed, everything is ready. We are just waiting on him.

Fetal development in pregnancy week 38:fetus in ninth month As you know, you've arrived at the final leg of your pregnancy journey, and if you're still carrying your little love around, they've just about reached their birth weight (somewhere between 6 to 8 pounds is average depending on whether they're a boy or girl). There really isn't a lot to report on baby this week, so lets do a quick recount of where we're at: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, they've got their meconium stockpile building up (their first black baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain (that'll keep growing with them for years to come), and they've more or less reached official baby status-- all they need to do is "head out" and say hello to the rest of the world and especially their ready-to-pop momma.
Pics 38 Weeks!



0 comments: