Tuesday, July 24, 2007

18 Months Old!

Emery Jai is 1 and 1/2 today! I can not believe that tomorrow she will be closer to two than one. She truly is the joy of our lives. Emery Jai is the funniest person I know. She is always in the best mood, always smiling. She never ceases to amaze me.

She has had a very busy month. E.J. learned to use the potty, she is now completely potty trained. We could not be more excited about it! Emery Jai also went on her first vacation without Mom and Dad. She has been staying with NeNa and Pop, she will be home this weekend. Emery is loving it! I don't think she misses us at all, we miss her terribly. She is having so much fun with Kit Kat. Emery Jai wants Kit Kat to let her clip her nails, brush her teeth, clean out her ears, and feed her Kashi bars. Kit Kat is under the impression that her personal hygiene is great, so is her current diet. I would venture to guess Kit Kat would help Emery Jai pack her bags to come back to Nashville.

Emery is also enjoying seeing all of her family, she missed them a ton. We have to talk about all of them constantly when she is here. She asks about Granny Brewer, No-No (Erica), Jo Jo and everyone else. I know they miss her too.

I have to mention that E.J. is fearless! She jumps off the side of the pool! This kid is not scared of anything! Emery Jai loves the water, she takes about 3 baths a day. She just wants to get in fill it up as high as possible and swim around. She also has shown a great interest in dressing herself. Her favorite outfit is a Huckabee for President T-shirt paired with blue underwear. The ensemble would not be complete without a hat. She does not like to wear pants or shorts of any kind. Just T-shirts and panties, preferably blue. If she does not like her outfit she will pull on it and yell like a banshee. Emery Jai will not wear her bathing suit top, she calls it a bra. So the last time she was in the pool she only wore the bottoms. I know I am in for it with this child! Josh and I have learned to pick our battles. I am very lax at this point about what I consider an appropriate outfit :). So much for my little fashion plate, it was fun while it lasted!

Emery Jai has so much energy. I know I talk about this a lot, it is something you have to witness first hand. She is constantly on the go, into one thing or another all of the time. A friend told me she was driven by the desire to learn. That is why she broke my cell phone, to see how it worked. I try to keep this in mind when she is ripping the house down to the studs!

Josh and I have found her a Mothers Day Out program for this fall. E.J. will start out going one day a week from 9:30 to 2:30. If we like it we can increase the amount of days she attends. We think she will love it. She loves to learn new things and be around other children. I hope it works out for her. I am so nervous, the idea of someone else taking care of her is frightening to me. I also worry I will be called to pick up the little monkey :). I hope she doesn't get kicked out! This will be her first time in a structured educational setting. We will see how it goes!

Although she has had a very busy and exciting month it is nothing in comparison to what this next month will bring, a baby brother! Please pray for her/us during the transition. I am trying to be positive while preparing for the inevitable tantrums and melt downs!

0 comments: