Sunday, June 24, 2007

17 Months Old!!

Emery Jai is 17 months today!! She is doing great. We are going to start really potty training her tomorrow, wish us luck. We bought the training panties today so we will see! Not a lot of new things to report. E.J. is combining two words more often, occasionally she will use three words. We are working on her ABC's , Emery can sign up to D. We are still working on colors, I am hoping the concept clicks soon. She knows all of her colors as words (she can say all of them) but just doesn't get the color concept. Emery Jai will memorize the color of certain things. Emery Jai and I are also working on numbers, Emery really seems to like numbers. If you ask her what time it is she will make it up. She will count to 5 then use made up words and keep "counting". Her favorite number is 2, favorite color is gray, and her favorite letter seems to be B.
I have wanted to do this post for a long time. I plan to document everything cute or funny or things that I just want to remember. This is more for me than anyone, I feel like I have forgotten so much already. I want to remember everything, every look, every smile, every word spoken. Some of these things she has done for a long time i.e. she calls Erica No-no, no one told her to do this she just does. Emery Jai called her No-no before she turned one, it's so funny! And it is one of the many things that Emery Jai does that I love!

  • Emery loves keys and will ask to drive, it doesn't matter where we are she wants to drive.
  • She wants to hold the check card at all times, she loves it.
  • She will put herself in time out!
  • If she is not the center of attention she will act out, and then tell on herself.
  • Emery Jai will come up behind me and tickle me on the backs of my legs, she says tickle tickle!
  • When we are getting ready to go somewhere she will remind you that she needs her hat, shoes, keys, and purse.
  • She will not go anywhere without her hat.
  • When I tell her it is time for a bath, she will ask if I am going to wash her hair. She hates to have her hair washed.
  • She loves change, all change are pennies. Emery will put them in her piggy bank. If you ask her what she is going to buy with her pennies she will tell you she is going to buy a dog.
  • Her favorite animals are horses (mimi's), cats, dogs, and owls.
  • If you ask her how old she is she says 2.
  • If you ask her what color her eyes are she says blue, if you ask about her hair it's blue too!
  • Sometime if she doesn't get what she wants she will fall out in the floor.
  • Her favorite snack is grapes in a cup.
  • She has to hold everything.
  • Emery Jai loves to brush her teeth.
  • She puts her stuffed animals on the potty.
  • Emery Jai has to sleep with little emery (red haired blue eyed cabbage patch kid) and K. Roger (a bear she got from her Granny Brewer (Great Grandmother). Erica said it was from Kroger.
  • She will wake you up in the middle of the night to change her diaper.
  • Emery Jai wants her hair in a pony tail, like mine (I think we all know why this is funny :)).
  • When she is done eating she will tell you to get a washcloth, she also ask for a washcloth when she is going to take a bath.
  • She wants to go bye bye all of the time. Emery will kick the door and yell bye bye!

I know there is much more that will come to me later, but that's all I can remember now! Emery Jai is such an unbelievable joy to be around, I am still in awe of her. Josh and I are so thankful to have her. I can not put in to words just how special she is to us.

0 comments: