Monday, January 31, 2011

No longer a nursing mom....

That's right folks Evergrace is weaned! It is bitter sweet, much more sweet than bitter however:). I am enjoying these 2 months of not lactating. HA! I really wanted her weaned before the new baby and Josh has had some unexpected time off so it was a perfect time to wean. I am so glad Evergrace got only breast milk, no formula and was exclusively breastfeed for the first 6 months before solids were introduced. Breastfeeding E wasn't a walk in the park by any means. I battled mastitis and E had a HUGE night time nursing addiction:). She was latched on at night all night and could not sleep at all unless she was latched. E wouldn't take a bottle of expressed milk so she was my constant companion for a whole year. We dealt with nursing strikes and growth spurts and biting issues. All very much worth it to give my little one only liquid gold for just shy of 18 months!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hoorah. Enjoy the next two months of 'freedom'. ;)

And good job, Jess.