Thursday, October 14, 2010

18 Weeks!

Time is flying by or at least not dragging like the first 13 weeks. Those seemed to last forever! We received our quad screen results and they were normal! Praise GOD! After everything we dealt with during our last pregnancy we were very anxious to hear the results. That was for sure the highlight of the past week. I am feeling much more movement but still not anywhere near regular kicks. They are getting much stronger. I notice them while standing or walking unlike the first weeks I felt tiny bumps. I think what I am enjoying most right now is Emery Jai and Guice's commentary regarding the pregnancy and their new sibling. They are very involved and ask unprovoked questions about the baby who we call him or by our boy name:)! I know, I know, I know, it could very well be a girl. If so G will flip out! EJ did make it very clear that she is to be the only one in the family with red hair and if the baby is born with red hair we will sell it. Ha! Guice wants to be in the room when "the doctor gets the baby out" his words! I told him that it isn't very much fun in that room and he would be having a blast playing with Pop and NeNa. I made it clear that as soon as the baby was here he could come and see the baby. He would not even entertain that idea. He said he wanted to help me and he wanted the baby to see him first. I didn't have the heart to tell him that wasn't even a remote possibility. I would see him and the other monkeys an hour or so later after I moved rooms showered and relaxed a bit:)! Guice asked when is the baby will be here constantly, so does EJ. If they overhear anything about me going to the doctor they ask "are you getting the baby out yet." I am so glad they are so excited. Now the dragon will be a different story for sure:)! She will pat and kiss my belly and say baby baby, but of course is clueless, she is a smart for 15 months but come on:)! E loves babies! Anytime we are around one, which is quite often two of my close friends gave birth in September and we see them a couple times a week, she screams and yells to HOLD them! I guess she thinks they are baby dolls. She loves and carries and holds and plays with dolls all day, well who am I kidding...for about 15 min. a day. That is a lot of time for her:)! I am praying that she has a quick and easy adjustment to her sibling. Through God all things are possible!!

0 comments: