Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All About Emery Jai!

Emery Jai is flourishing in Preschool! She loves going so much! She goes 5 days a week for 6 hours, yikes! We live in an extremely small town and there is not a single private preschool in the area. Full time public school is the only option. She does take her lunch, EJ was very unimpressed with the school lunches. She told me the fruit was slimy and the chicken wasn't white inside it was brown! HA! She has had limited exposure to can fruit and dark meat, she lives a sheltered life :)! EJ and I adore her teacher who happens to be her great aunt. Mrs. Lyle adores Emery Jai and said she is an example to the entire class! EJ has not been challenged by the curriculum thus far. She has told me several times that she hasn't learned anything that she didn't already know. Also, EJ believes that she is more of a helper than a student. HA! qI am trying desperately to keep God at the forefront of her day even if she isn't in a christian school, it is difficult. Every day I drop her off I tell her to let her light shine for Jesus. She asked if she could take her bible to tell other kids about God and Jesus, I almost cried! All the children took turns singing and while the other kids sung Hannah Montana and such songs EJ belted out I have decided to follow Jesus! I am very thankful that her teacher is a preachers wife. I do realize there is only so much she can do or say in the public school system. For the time being EJ loves going and helping other kids and telling them about Jesus and her Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of our girl!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so proud too! What a sweetheart!

Love you EJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!