Monday, June 15, 2009

33 WKS 4 DAYS!

Nothing new to report.....just VERY pregnant with about 2 months to go! I have no delusions that I will go into labor naturally at 37 wks. I am sure I am in for the long haul! Dr. M will let me go a full 42 weeks! Only time will tell. I really want to go into labor on my own as I did with G. EJ's induction was terrible! She was 10 days overdue. Anyway, I am all for this little one declaring her own day of birth! I really pray that Joshua and I (along with the kids I guess:) are in our own house by then! That would be a huge relief, HUGE! Although, moving at 8 plus months preggers would not be much fun it would be worth it!
Also, why do people make the rudest comments? I mean REALLY! I KNOW I am HUGE! I get it. Most moms do not grow out of their maternity clothes, I know that. Currently my belly is hanging out of the bottom of most of my X-Large tops. I do not require the observations of others to know that I am larger than average! Okay, so maybe I am also a little grumpy!
Our (name-less) Monkey!

How your baby's growing:This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

0 comments: