Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Balloon Saga......

Emery Jai, Guice, and I stopped by Ed's bakery for donuts a couple of days ago (I have just recovered enough to write it down). Emery Jai had been asking for donuts for a couple of days, we happened to be in town picking up supper so we swung by. What happen next will be etched in my memory for a very long time! Emery Jai simply lost her mind! Ed's was closing and the girls (college aged) offered her a balloon. She said "No, thank you" So G ran for it, He grabbed it and had never been happier. I went a head a bought another balloon, everyone knows you have to have one for each kid;), I thought when we got in the truck she would want it. I don't think I have ever been more wrong. As soon as the girl handed me the balloon EJ went ballistic. She grabbed the balloon from me and tried to give it back to the girl screaming "I said NO THANK YOU, I DO NOT WANT IT!" I said something along the lines of that is okay honey, lets just go home. That was not in her plan at all! I got her outside all the while she was screaming about the balloon. The girls were staring in disbelief and I am sure we were the topic of conversation after we left. Once outside EJ starts throwing her purse and her Minnie Mouse. It was not good enough that she threw it once she had kept picking them up and re-throwing them. Insert G in his Micky Mouse hat (yes, the one with ears) rocking back and forth singing balloon balloon repeatedly! I could not pick them both up and I was afraid to go to the car with just one, I thought the other would run into the parking lot. It was a mess! A well meaning (I think) lady stopped to talk to me about how her daughter had the same temperament and it does not get any better, fantastic. She started out saying "My daughter is a special ed. teacher..." I thought great, she thinks EJ has a disorder and I am going to have to tell her, she, as far as we know, is just bad. Anyway, at some point I got them both in the car at which time EJ tried to pop the balloon by biting it! She seriously did not want that balloon:)!

2 comments:

Nic said...

Ok, Im sorry but that's to funny. I could go for a smiley face cookie right about now :)

Lindsay said...

What part of "No" do you not understand, Mommy?

Signed
-Emery Jai Anderson

(I'm laughing at your expense, Jess, so sorry!!!)