Monday, June 16, 2008

Thankful!!

On the way home from our fabulous zoo trip Lola (my car) had a blow out. I was going about 75 on the interstate heading into Nashville and my tire suddenly blew out, it shredded completely. It happened so fast. Miraculously before I knew it I was safely on the side of the road. My car was never out of control, I heard the sound and then I was pulled over and Guice and I were well off the interstate and safe. Tears of relief and sheer gratitude were streaming down. I looked back and G was laughing, he enjoyed the bumpy ride. I then called Josh at work and preceded to get someone to help, road side assistance. But I could not tell Josh where I was other than on the interstate. I started to panic and G was no longer happy. I had a fear that we would be stuck on the side of the road for hours. No more than 5 min. and two cars stopped to help. I could not believe it. A family heading home from a Fathers Day event and a women by herself. The men started changing my tire only to find my spare was flat. They saw the panic in my face and assured me they were not leaving until they fixed it. I should also mention that my cell phone was fading fast. The lady took my spare up to the next exit and aired it up and also bought me a can of fix a flat. She then stopped on the opposite side of the interstate to walk the spare across! I was in complete shock at the kindness of these strangers. They advised me not to drive home, just to the next exit. I offered to pay them, get their address and send them something. They flat out refused. I was and am overwhelmed with the kindness they showed. I made it to the next exit and called Erica to get me. She had a headache and had happened to just wake up when I called. There just happened to be a tire shop just down from the gas station and it was opened on a Sunday. My car is there awaiting a new tire. What happened was terrifying. Having my tire blow out and to be stuck on the side of the interstate with a baby. But, it could not have worked out better. Guice and I are safe and no worse for the wear. Guice entertained Erica and I on the ride home by acting like he was pooping his pants! What is it with boys? The bathroom humor starts so early! I am so very thankful for the complete strangers who stopped to help. I am now committed to doing the same. I am going more out of my way to help others. I am so grateful, it could have been much worse. It was more like a wake up call. Like God was telling me to take time and help others. Not just to give money or do the scheduled help but help out when it might not be that convenient for me. Anyway, just wanted to put it in writing. If I share it I have to do it:)!

*It took me a day to calm down for the incidence. When I called Erica I started the conversation with "I almost died!" I just felt the need to clarify, I wasn't always this calm about the situation. At first I did not have this particular view:)

1 comments:

Nic said...

Looks like God was watching out for you guys!!