Monday, June 16, 2008

Memphis Zoo!!

We spent Fathers Day at the Memphis Zoo with Pop and NeNa. For anyone who has not been to the zoo, you must go! It is a wonderful zoo, the best! The exhibits are super neat. You can get right up close and personal with the animals, super cool! Anyway, on to the details of the trip. We left out at 4a.m., it is about a 31/2 hour drive. It was so worth it. We have a zoo here in Nashville and it is nice but not near as good as this one. I want a family pass. We met the Grandparents for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Emery Jai was so excited to see them she almost cried. She had woken up at 3 and announced she was ready to go. EJ did not want to pack for the trip because she wanted NeNa to buy her all new things:). The zoo was so nice! I did endure my most embarrassing moment as a mom to date. There is panda exhibit that is amazing! It is housed in a huge set up like a Chinese temple, buddhas and all. EJ took one look at the temple and started running around saying, and I quote, "Master where are you Master?!?!" She was clasping her hands and bowing to the buddhas. I wanted to die. She saw this while watching Kung Fu Panda. They were not bowing to buddhas but to a fat raccoon. At any rate I was humiliated to the point of no return. I just walked off and left her with NeNa:).
Other than that we had a blast. It was great to spend Fathers Day with my Dad. It was a little sad because my Grandfathers are not here to spend the day with. I miss them more than words can express. I would love for the kids to have known them. Emery Jai and Guice would have been better for it, I know I am.










1 comments:

Erica said...

The zoo looks AWESOME! I know that the kids had a blast!