Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Midwife Appointment!!

Everything is good! I did not get to see Linda. I saw Bess she was very very nice. She loved Emery Jai, Emery helped measure my belly and find the heart beat. So at 36 weeks 6 days I am at 2 cm.!! This might not sound like a lot to some people but it is huge for me. When I went in to be induced with Emery Jai at 41 weeks I was not dilated at all!! It honestly took 15 hours of intravenous drugs to get me to two, I am happy with 2. I do realize I could still go to 42 weeks, but I only have 8 centimeters to go! I am measuring post term, 42 plus weeks. Bess said he felt around 7 1/2 lbs. a little over average (link). She said if she did not know I was 36 & 6 she would think I was over due. I did gain some weight 2 1/2 lbs, Bess said not to worry about gaining weight, bring on the birthday cake! She said studies show there is not a significant correlation between maternal weight gain and fetal birth weight. I just have big babies. Bess asked me if I wanted to have my membranes stripped, I said of course! I will have them stripped every week, this has been shown to bring on labor. My blood pressure is great 100/60, Guice's heart rate was in the 140's. My GBS test was negative, so I do not have to have an I.V. during labor. I go back on Wednesday.
please continue to pray for a healthy baby!!

0 comments: