Monday, April 14, 2014

Settling in.

Six months into homeschooling and I *think* we have hit our stride. We have settled into a schedule that, for now, is working very well for us. We do curriculum Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Wednesday is "free" day. The kiddos explore their area of interest.  We have also opted to school year round. We are LOVING it! I am so very grateful for this time to pour into my children! I can not put into words what a blessing homeschooling has been to our family! There are days I want to run for the hills screaming, but more days than not I am overwhelmed by pure JOY.  Our kiddos are learning so much about the word, I love that about HOD. I have supplemented a bit here and there with workbooks I found on Zulily. The thing I loved most about HOD is the very thing I needed to modify.  HOD does not have "busy" work. It is a classical approach to education, I have come to accept some days you need your kids to have a worksheet or seven.  Our homeschool is still evolving and changing!

0 comments: