Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hollis' First Dr. Appt!

We had a very hard time finding a pediatrician who was excepting new patients. I called around for two days before finding one...crazy! I really wanted to use the nurse practitioner I used with EJ but her office was one of many not excepting pt's. Anyway, we found a group who would take my monkeys and I was very nervous. I had no clue about the doctor. Well, it turned out that I loved her! She is young and super nice and pro-breast feeding and co-sleeping! Also, is fine with delaying vaccinations and skipping some all together! How awesome is that!?!?! Unfortunately, the appointment did not go as well as I had hoped. They put H on the scale and I almost fainted. He only weighed 7lbs 11oz a week after birth. My milk had been in for days, so he had lost a lot of weight. Also he was yellow. Very yellow. They did a blood draw to test his biliruben count and it was 15. I am very grateful she didn't suggest formula, she was super nice and asked if I could pump and do three step feedings. I was more than happy too:). Also, H has a dimple on his...well...crack. Josh and I had the on-call pediatrician where we delivered look at it. The nurse said it was okay. The pediatrician never once came and talked to us. Anyway, I showed it to Dr O and she is concerned. It could be a marker for Spina Bifida. We are in the process of scheduling a follow up with Childrens. After all that I felt llike I had been slugged in the gut with a baseball bat. Dad & Mom took the kids home with them all weekend so I could concentrate on plumping up our peanut. It worked! Monday his was weighing an impressive 8 lbs:)! Please be in prayer for our sweet baby and his little crack:)!!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

ALL things work together for good. Love you guys.