Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Weaning or lack there of....

We gave weaning Evergrace a real go over Thanksgiving weekend it was unsuccessful. She does great with anyone else getting her to sleep, no problems at all. However, if it is just me she goes ballistic if I will not let her nurse. Really. She pulls her hair, bites me, screams, and basically refuses to let me sooth her any other way. I have mixed feelings about weaning. I am ready to be done considering I will be doing all over again in a few months:). I wouldn't be so over it if she didn't nurse for 2 hours during the day at a stretch, yes seriously. Even with the marathon nursing sessions I am sad to see this season for us go. I provided her exclusively with breast milk, zero formula, zero bottles, zero pacifier. I don't particularly feel that she is too old, the World Health Organization recommends nursing until at least 2. I know some of you just passed out:). It is only because we live in a country where very few people breastfeed at all and formula is the norm. Enough of that rant:). So what is the point of the post? Good question. Just sharing I guess:)!

0 comments: