Saturday, October 30, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference!

Josh and I experienced our first of many parent teacher conferences. It went wonderful, Mrs. Lyle talked about how wonderful Emery Jai is in class. Who doesn't like to hear how fabulous their child is:)? Emery Jai is a natural leader in the class, is ahead of schedule academically, makes friends easily, follows directions, and is a JOY to have in class! We are SO proud of her! EJ is already working on learning to read. Mrs. Lyle is starting with her on sight words and I am working with her at home. There is a girl in her class who can read. It drives my ultra competitive, overachieving, must be the best, daughter crazy that someone can do something she can't! I am glad she has a love of learning and pray it continues a life time. Our preschool journey has been reasonably enjoyable. We did have one bump in the road. We pulled EJ out for about 3 days while the situation with the paraprofessional was sorted out. As much as I would love to homeschool I, at this point, have to accept that EJ is flourishing in public school and LOVES going. There hasn't been a single day which she has asked to stay home from school. I miss her terribly during the day! Having her gone for 8 hours a day has been a huge adjustment for me. EJ made the transition much easier! HA!
We are so thankful that she is excelling in school, that she loves it, and most importantly that she is letting her light shine for Jesus! Every single time we drop her off we ask her about who her light shines for:).

0 comments: