Monday, July 5, 2010

Our New Home!

In short has a long way to go! I got the keys 4 o'clock on Friday. I drove straight over to take a look. I immediately had a HUGE case of buyers remorse! Seriously, it was bad. I cried. The pool is neon green. It was a beautiful sparkling blue just days before. I could smell cigarette smoke from outside. The walls, floors, cabinets, everything is covered in filth. I am by no means an excellent house keeper. But the renters in this house crossed the line, a ton! The carpets are not salvageable. So we are replacing all the floors. Every single surface must be repainted. Now, I know what you are thinking, did we not notice this when we viewed the home. Not really, there was stuff everywhere! The home was filled to the brim with stuff, it looked small. However, there is a positive! Because of the condition we got the home well bellow asking price and even appraisal. We would not have been able to afford this home in pristine condition. Everything is fixable and it is going to be amazing when we are finished, just some paint and sweat:)! It is going to be a ton of work but will pay off in the end, at least that is what I keep telling myself! We do have a ton of wonderful family and friends pitching in! It has been a blessing to have people volunteer to help with the house and some have offered to help with the kiddos. EJ & G didn't notice the nastiness, although EJ said I can not live somewhere that smells this bad! HA! I told her I couldn't either:)! They had a blast picking out what room they wanted, G made it clear however that he would still be sleeping in Jai's room. Then we went and looked at the left over room & G said this is NeNa's room where is Pop gonna sleep? I said well I guess with NeNa. EJ & G both told me they can't sleep in the same bed! EJ told me they might be able to share a room if we put two beds in it!
Q helping us out!
Mine & Joshua's closet!



G watching the first movie at the new place!



E napping in her room for the first time! This is the only carpet that I would let her touch, They used it for a storage room...go figure!

Josh cleaning windows! I believe this is a first for him! This is our kitchen/den.




Front entry

Rockin Blue Bathroom:)!





The first time I saw our bathroom I heard Julia Roberts say pink is my signature color:)!


















2 comments:

The Flores' said...

Love your new home! It is beautiful, and looks like it has tons of room!

The Anderson family said...

the house looks awesome! can't wait to see it in person!