Friday, July 3, 2009

ultrasound....

Yesterday I had a scan to check growth and amniotic fluid levels. We have a very big baby on our hands, IF the scan is accurate. They can be off by 20%! At 36 weeks exactly, our monkey weighs 81/2 lbs! Her head is measuring at week 41! Estimated weight at 40 weeks is 12 lbs, yikes!
Most importantly, her fluid levels were high 21 cms, but within the normal range! I am so very thankful! I was/am much more worried about fluid levels than a chunky monkey! Josh and I are so very relieved and overjoyed! This was a huge concern.
As far as our baby being a little monster, we are good with it! The AAP does not recommend inducing due to a large baby. It increases the chance of having a c-section dramatically. I am very glad my OB agrees. I really feel that she will be at least 39 weeks and a very good chance she will be over due. Also, there is a chance she could weigh in at 7 lbs! I really want her to bake as long as she needs to!
I am also very excited to report that she has a ton of hair! Todd, the u/s tech, asked if I had a ton of heartburn. I asked why and he told me that she has a lot of hair! I am so surprised. EJ did not have any and I just thought this one wouldn't either. Bring on the bows! He also confirmed for about the fifth time that she is a she:)!
We are ready ready ready to hold our baby!!!!

0 comments: