Thursday, May 14, 2009

29 Wks!!

As of today I am 29 weeks! Almost time! In 8 weeks I will be full term, crazy! I really feel the need to start getting things ready for this little one. A little nesting, I guess. I am hungry all the time. I feel like I could eat 24/7! I crave red meat! I usually cook tons of chicken but here lately it has been meat. Joshua is enjoying it:). I am also craving onions and peppers. She moves constantly, now her movements are noticeable just by looking at my belly.
A little about our newest monkey:)
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
I know this is my 3rd, but growing a baby is never mundane, regardless if it is your first of tenth. In my opinion anyway!
Belly 29 wks!!

0 comments: