Monday, February 11, 2008

love and such....

I took this from my friends blog, she is an incredibly gifted writer. I am convinced that one day I will be sitting in the Oprah audience as my best friend's book is introduced as Oprah's book clubs next read!
It is a wonderfully touching piece about true love...

And here I am thinking about it all and I wonder. What is romance? Is it all roses and chocolates and jewelry? Or is it committment and self-sacrifice?

Would I prefer a stunning necklace over a strong provider? A gorgeous wedding over a healthy marriage? Pretty pictures over happy memories? I think what I prefer, what I've learned to prefer is the kind of romance that gets overlooked. Romance that is steady and not necessarily breathtakingly beautiful. Constant. A little boring maybe, but real.

0 comments: