Monday, September 24, 2007

20 Months Old!

Emery Jai is the BIG 2-0! In just four months she will be two. I will have a two year old. Can you believe it? E.J. is doing great. She loves Gymboree, I am sure she wishes she could go everyday. The classes have really changed the way she interacts with other children. Emery Jai no longer runs up and grabs kids she doesn't know, this is a very good thing. E.J. is talking up a storm and her words are getting much more easy to understand. She is making up her own signs for words, it is hysterical. She has done this several times in the past but now she will use the sign all of the time. My two favorite signs are the ones she uses for sunglasses and for when she wants something to be hers. Emery will also make up words and use gibberish when she is having a conversation with you. Her imagination is rapidly developing. E.J. is engaging in creative play and is also fibbing on occasion. Emery Jai is coming around to the idea of having a brother. Although she is not completely thrilled about it I think she has realized Guice is here to stay.
I would love to share one of my favorite stories as of late.
Erica was visiting, Emery Jai was pointing to animals in a book. Erica was naming all of the animals. Emery Jai pointed to an animal Erica said Lama. Emery Jai corrected her Alpaca. When Erica repeated Alpaca Emery Jai said "its O.K."! E.J. continued to test Erica to make sure she knew all of the animals. Emery Jai is a mess! We do not know what we would do without her, life would so very dull!
I found these lyrics to "Elliana's Song". I have inserted Emery Jai in place of Elliana. It is a wonderful song, it brings tears to my eyes. I pray that I am a good example for her and a wonderful mom to her.
Baby woman- tiny in stature
But your heart is a treasure
Little Princess- Come follow behind me now
I am reaching for you
Emery Jai, God has answered my prayers
Emery Jai, God will conquer my fears
Oh, to mother a daughter
To look you in the eye
To know that I did everything to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus
that He would impart
the wisdom that I'm longing for to mother your heart
Emery Jai, God has answered my prayers
There will be others, to lead and to guide you, girl
But only one you'll call Mother
The honor is all mine
To show you what a woman is like
I'm so glad you're mine
Oh, the tenderness of God is twirling around in our living room tonight
Oh, and lighting up your Daddy's eyes
I know he just wants to freeze you in time
Emery Jai, God will conquer our fears
To care for a daughter
To look you in the eyes
To know that we did everything to walk with you in life
To give you to Jesus
that He would impart
the wisdom that we're longing for
to love your little heart
Emery Jai, God has answered our prayers

0 comments: