Sunday, June 10, 2007

32 Weeks & 4 Days!

We had a little bit of excitement this week, yesterday I was not feeling the baby move as much as he had been moving. I was getting the 3 kicks per hour but he usually kicks so much more, and after dinner we watch him roll around in my belly (its crazy you can see all the bumps and lumps) and he did not put on a show last night. So I called the Midwives, the one on call Lisa called me back. Lisa told me to come in to the hospital and get hooked up so she could check things out. Well, all of the excitement must have woken him up because as soon as they got me on the monitors he was moving around like a wild man! His heart rate and variability were both perfect, so was his movement. She said he looked amazing, Lisa was so very, very nice. I am glad we got to go and see the hospital, the rooms are great. The nurses were all very nice, Emery Jai was the star of the show! The all held her and passed her around.
Also this week I went to an appointment with Linda, everything was great. It was so nice to be back in that setting, not to feel rushed during a visit. My glucose test was good, I passed, so no gestational diabetes! The baby is growing he is measuring 34/35 weeks, and his hart rate was great. I did not gain any weight this week. Linda is not near as concerned with the weight issue as I am, I just don't want to be left with having to loose a lot when this is over. I have only gained 25 lbs. which, I know is completely normal. I have an appointment in 2 weeks, we (Josh, Linda, and I) will make out a birthing plan. This should be interesting! I will post the final copy!
I have been feeling good, the heat is starting to become a factor. I have the thermostat set on 68 at all times, and if Josh would not die I would set in on about 62! Its also hard because the monkey loves, loves, loves to be outside, and at this point I love, love, love to be inside! We do go walking in the afternoons for about 30/45 min but shes still mad when we come back in.
We do have the final for sure we are positive name but I am not telling just yet!


Fetal development in pregnancy week 32:
fetus in eighth month And in the latest developing reports, your amazing baby has now developed sensitivity to temperature! This means, you’ll probably get a swift kick if you put a hot pad on your ginormous belly. For the Elton John lovers out there: baby’s got blue eyes. At this point, all babies do, although depending on their chromosomal disposition, this could easily change after birth (or even between now and labor), but for the time being, blue it is. Thanks to their recently matured lungs and a remarkably strong immune system, over 90% of babies born in their 32nd week, survive premature births. So it’s pretty much a done deal. Even if your little monkey’s planning on heading out early, their survival odds are in everyone’s favor. Time to celebrate (no, no, wait until after the birth to crack open the champagne!)



Mommy and Baby!
My belly is enormous, and I still have 7 to 9 weeks left!