Wednesday, April 18, 2007

F.Y.I.

There has been a slight change in the name of our son. We (o.k. mostly me) have decided to spell it Finnley. He will go by Finn most of the time. So the final name is Finnley Guice Anderson (for now).
Naming a baby is so hard! I want my kids to have the perfect name, not overly common but not outlandish. I also want the name to have a good meaning and at least part of it after someone. Jai is after Josh and I. Guice is my Grandfathers name. Emery means ruler of men and Finnley means fair warrior. I have this fear that Emery Jai and/or Finn will end up on a top 20 list someday. As of now Emery is 817 out of 1000 on the Social Security Administration's most popular name list. Jai hasn't made it yet nether has Finnley (or the more common spelling).
There are issues with usual names. We are constantly having to spell Emery Jai, and people are always calling her Emily or Ann Marie. Also the names pop up on spell check, which for some reason unnerves me. And I guess it will be hard to find pens and pencils with their names on it!